Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Gifts from MT

Yesterday I started my Christmas shopping. This may seem some what late to people but I've never been an early shopper. And I'm not trying to buy anything crazy like a nintendo wii or anything that a store could run out of so I'm generally ok shopping just two weeks before Christmas. And I'll even shop a week before when I attempt to finish my shopping next weekend. I had to get the majority out of the way this weekend though because the deadline to mail anything and have it arrive in time for x-mas is Wednesday the 15th. Anyways...I don't know about anyone else but coming up with gift ideas for people is not my strong suit. So I decided this year to take advantage of living in Montana. My gifts for people all have a Montana theme. Now I obviously can't say what I got for everyone but there's actually a lot of things that would fall under this theme. Huckleberries and Flathead cherries are two berries that are very prominent in the area and I've learned you can get just about anything with these flavors. Chocolate bars, taffy, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, jam, syrup, jelly beans, lemonade and more. There's also packaged meat for people who aren't from around here and don't normally hunt these animals and eat them you can give a gift of elk or bison sausage, jerky, and more.

Leaving the food realm there's a whole world of copper products. Butte is a mining town and it boomed because of copper so naturally you can get anything you want in copper. Pots and pans, watches, mugs, dishes, ornaments, vases and again...more. There's also several items that you can get with a moose, bear, or buffalo picture on it and boom...it's Montana themed! It's great. Something else I saw yesterday...moose slippers that make noise. I don't know what noise cause I didn't explore that but they look like moose feet or paws or whatever you call them on a moose. (I guess I haven't spent enough time here yet to bother to figure out the anatomical terms for these animals) There was also a really cute onesie for a baby that made me sad I don't know any babies. It had a picture of two ducks and a moose and read, "duck, duck, moose" Super cute and Montana themed! For the guys there were also some boxers features moose and bears. One had them all sitting with their backs turned holding fishing poles and it said, "Nothin butt fishin." Fishing is also big in Montana so that gift would be ultra Montana with the animals and the fishing. Obviously for someone who lives here they probably wouldn't be as entertained by these gifts as I am. I'm so entertained I bought myself something. A shot glass that says Montana and has a little black bear hanging off the side. I will also probably buy myself a stuffed moose before I leave this state. Let me know if you'd like one too.

1 comment:

  1. Mel...I would but just abt anything for a Testicle Festival shirt...I still have my Banged by Bertha t-shirt from the hurricane @ Aunt Kathy & Uncle Mike's in 1996. Some things are just a once in a lifetime shot!

    ReplyDelete