Thursday, December 31, 2009

CNN doesn't care about Montana weather

This morning I was watching CNN while getting ready for work and I noticed something interesting during their weather segment. They were doing weather for the whole U.S. and posting temps for cities across the states. Well in the space where Montana, Wyoming, and North Dakota is on a map there were no temperatures posted but instead a party hat with the words "Happy New Year" Thanks CNN for not caring about the weather where I live. Telling everyone Happy New Year is great nice of you and all but do you know how many miles are between Montana, Wyoming, and North Dakota? You just left out a lot. I get that millions and millions of people don't live there but still. I'm offended while at the same time thinking this is funny. Something on CNN.com that I found absolutely hilarious today was their story about all the remixes that have been done of the song "Empire State of Mind." This song is originally about New York City but people all over the country have made their own versions about the city they live in. There is one for New Holland, PA which is basically in amish country PA where horse and buggies own the streets. Great Video for that one. The Minnesota version was also great. It looks like 3 high school guys that put it together and the lyrics are just funny. Now living in a cold state I understand the line "frozen tundra that we are fond of." I Just wish there were a Montana version. Maybe there is I'll look for it and if anyone finds it let me know. Maybe I'll make one. I could incorporate my story I worked on today...New Years Eve fireworks. Stands are allowed to sell fireworks here from December 29th-December 31st. A very popular way to ring in the New Year here is to set off your very own fireworks. This is sooo not allowed in PA so it's a new concept for me. Some people do set off their own fireworks in PA but they have to drive down to South Carolina or somewhere to buy them I think. Anyways, while I was doing the story the woman at the stand I was filming gave me a very large box that was some type of firework and told me to take it with me. I kindly said no thanks and told her to keep it and make some money off it. 1. I can not ethically except these things I know she was just trying to be nice tho and I appreciate that. 2. I probably wouldn't light that. But again it was a super nice gesture. I'm told July 3rd here is like a war zone with all the fireworks that go off so I'll be sure to let you know how that day goes.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Have fun and be safe tonight don't drink and drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment