Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I went to Mars on Christmas

Hope you all had a good Christmas! I spent Christmas Eve in the gulch's. Basically the area behind a mountain where there's not much going on. The road was dirt. But anyways I was at a person's house there who was having a party. The party was in their barn. Literally you walk in, see lots of horse stables, open a door, go up some steps and bam you are in what looks like a banquet hall. Very nice. They rent out this barn for weddings apparently. Anyways it was basically one huge family there plus my cousin and her husband and me. I've never spent any holiday with over 30 people so this was a new and noisy experience. It was good though and good to see how big families are during the holidays. Christmas day I went to Mars, made a volcano, and herded some forest animals. I was playing with my cousins kids who are 4 and 2 and obviously all of their new toys. The volcano was made out of purple play dough. Later in the day we went to a neighbors house for dinner. She had bought 20 pounds of huge crab legs. It was delicious. Also, before dinner I wandered into the back room where some of the little kids were but there was also a football game on. The guy in there told me he was watching the kids (aka football) I hung out there for a while and other people came to watch "the kids" I later learned he and one of the other girls are Cowboy fans so our friendship ended. Ok not really but seriously cowboys? As an Eagles fan I just don't like this.
The next day I drove to the Bozeman area with my cousin, her husband, 2 boys, and her mom. We went to visit more family. This family is one of my dad's cousins and his wife. They live on about 40 acres and own 2 horses. It was a good relaxing weekend in a very large log cabin in the Montana country. The mountains were covered in snow so it was beautiful scenery. I played in the snow with the little boys and just hung out talking with family. But let me just tell you, if you want a work out try carrying a child through over a foot of snow when you are sinking down in the snow with every step. Now try doing this up and down hills. Oh man was I tired. I also may have taken a few breaks and put the 2 year old down to ask him if he could walk yet, of course he couldn't though because with every step he took he was up to his waist in snow.
Yesterday was back to reality aka work. The job is still going well. However, there have been some technical problems. KXLF launched a new web site last week: KXLF.com , however, it hasn't been working. We are now in charge of posting our own stories. This is good so I can get my stuff up there for people to see except nothing new has been posted for the past week because every time anyone tries it just doesn't show up. I think the problem was finally fixed today so we will see how tomorrow goes. Tonight our microwave went down 10 minutes before the 5:30 news so we had to get the news out of Billings. I'm hoping everything is fixed tomorrow. I previously said that I was told to get more Twitter followers so this week I came up with the brilliant plan of coming through Twitter and finding people in Butte and following them in hopes they would follow me back. So far this has increased my followers by about 2 haha. But I did get an exciting new follower today. His account says he is a journalist for ABC in...Australia!! yay!! You probably don't understand my excitement unless you really know me but I love Australia. If I could get a job as a journalist in Australia that would be sweet/best job ever. My mom would definitely freak out though.
Ohhh I just remembered...on Christmas when I was at my cousins she showed a Butte cookbook that she had found here. The book is split into different sections depending on the immigrant group that the recipes came from. For Example there's German, English, Irish, etc. Then I came to a section titled "Black" I just kinda paused and asked, "Are they allowed to do that?" I have no idea and I don't really know anyone else's feelings about this but I just thought Butte is so not Politically Correct.
Anyways, Joey is coming on Thursday so I have lots of cleaning to do. I also bought Chicken for I think the first time in my life in preparation for his arrival. I'll eat it now since my years of vegetarianism have passed but I still don't buy it haha. I love my veggie burgers with A1 sauce. But Joey and I have to find some cool New Years Eve activities to do around Butte. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment