Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Have a ball at the Testicle Festival

First off to explain my video from yesterday, he is the coach of the Montana Tech football team. He talks in a yell all the time and often speaks using similes. In case you missed the video here you go.

Now on to other things. Today we were talking in the newsroom and the woman who anchors the noon show "Montana Spotlight" came into the newsroom to tell Shane (sports reporter) and myself about the Virginia City winter fest that will include some broom ball. Basically hockey with brooms. I jokingly asked Shane if he wanted to go and then he asked me if I wanted to go to the Testicle Festival. 2 seconds later I learned this is a real event held in Clinton, MT every September. Basically it's a 5 day event in which people eat a bunch of bulls balls. Over 2 tons of balls are fed to the festival attendees. There's also a wet t-shirt contest for girls, hairy chest contest for men, and bullshit bingo. Bullshit bingo is when someone is awarded $100 for correctly guessing where a cow will umm have a bowel movement. Oh and if you get thirsty while enjoying your balls or trying to guess where a cow will poopy, Big Sky Brewery (here in Montana) makes a beer especially for the festival : Bull Snort Brew. So needless to say I will be attending this event in September maybe not to eat balls but I will need a shirt that says "I had a ball at the Testicle Festival" because really how can you pass up that opportunity. If anyone would like to come visit in September and join me at the Testicle Festival feel free. Here's some more info and a video on the event.

1 comment:

  1. I know that I cannot find anything to compare with this at home. You are opening us up to a world of new cultural experiences!

    ReplyDelete