Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm writing this in long underwear

Today I went skiing for the third time in my life. It was easier if I was staying on little hills. I went with my 2 and 4 year old cousins so I was awesome on that bunny hill with them. Even the slightly bigger hill that has a lift I was having a good time on. Then I attempted some real runs. Oh man. I still need some work. I went down a couple runs with my cousins neighbor who is probably in her 50's. She's an awesome skier too and was nice enough to go down some greens with me and help me out and give me some tips. She still kicked my butt though. I was fine on the runs until we came to the part when it was just steep downhill skiing. Then I got scared. I survived and made it down with only a few falls today but seriously someone needs to teach me how to slow down on those steep hills. My pizza was not working very well to accomplish that. It works fine on the not so steep hills but otherwise falling was my best option to slow down haha. But I consider a day where I did not run into a tree a good day. But yes under my waterproof pants and sweater whenever I go skiing I wear long underwear. You know to stay warm. And I was so tired from getting up at 7:30 am to go skiing that as soon as I got back I stripped off the waterproof pants and sweater and took a nap in my long underwear. I'm also still wearing them because I'm that lazy. I ate my dinner just in my long underwear too. I'm going to try to make this a new fashion trend because let me tell you this is sexy. Ok maybe not. But maybe next year someone can wear some long underwear to the grammys because I haven't seen any so far.

Speaking of the grammys (horrible transition I know) what are they doing??? All I can figure is that whoever is in charge of this show now is a much younger person than in recent years. Jamie Foxx performing "blame it on the alcohol"? What? I'm sorry did I switch over to the the MTV music video awards? Then slash came out and seriously I wouldn't have been surprised if Snooki made an appearance during that performance. Now onto the Michael Jackson remembrance performance. I'm cool with MJ and the music was good all the artists singing were good and I have no problem with the idea of this. However, I do have a problem with the whole needing 3D glasses to watch it thing. I don't just have a spare pair of those lying around Grammy organizer people. I don't even know where you buy 3D glasses I thought you just got them at imax theaters or something. And since I did not have any 3D glasses I just thought I was having an acid trip while watching that performance. (For the record I have never taken acid, this is just what I imagine it would be like) I also have a problem with the fact that this show is taped and airing at different times across the country. Don't they know since this has already aired on the east coast all I have to do is go online and find a list of winners? Also, when you are in a long distance relationship it makes it very difficult when you 2 aren't seeing the same things at the same time because you can't make fun of it as easily.

Anyways, I had my first hair appointment in Montana on Saturday. My hair looks good so I'm happy with it. My hair dresser was also really nice. However, she was telling me that here in Butte instead of spring showers (rain) they get spring snow showers. Great. So basically it snows here in April. And right now it is very powdery snow but apparently in April it's the wet snow like back East gets. But she also added that by the end of the day it normally all melts to it doesn't stick around but it does snow in April. Soooo if anyone would like to donate to the "Melanie needs a beach vacation fund" that I'll probably need in April or May please feel free. Just kidding, but I now have some research to do for a story I'm working on tomorrow so I should stop procrastinating and get to work. Have a good Monday! or try to at least I know it's about the worst day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment