Monday, January 18, 2010

Walmart is my BFF

I just worked a 12.5 hour day of work so I thought this would be a good time to tell you how this past weekend was. Friday night I went out with some peeps. Started out at Metals which is a sports bar and grill. We later were making the 2 block walk down hill to the Silver Dollar when we passed Pekin. This is a chinese restaurant in town. I had never been in it but had heard stories that it used to be a brothel and all the booths in it had their own curtains for privacy. Since we were walking passed it I decided to ask the people I was with if they had ever been in it and if there really were curtains for every booth. This led to the brilliant decision that we should to into this restuarant at whatever late time of night it was. Well it was an experience. The whole restaurant is upstairs and there are just a bunch of rooms off one hallway that all have curtains. When you draw back the curtain and enter the room there are no boths but there are table and chairs. (not the highest quality either) And wow is that place painted orange, I mean everywhere. So you sit in there with your privacy and then you hear the cart coming by and suddenly your waitress pulls back the curtain delivers what is on the cart pulls the curtain closed then leaves. Very interesting experience. Once we finished there we continued the walk to the Silver Dollar and actually made it there this time. This bar had a ring toss game where you can toss a makeshift ring at all the bottles of alcohol and whatever the ring lands around you take a shot of. If you chose to play in a group then all the liquor that everyone picks with their individual tosses goes into a shot. This bar also had something I think I can safely say I've never seen in another bar....a dog. A large dog at that who was running around trying to get people to play with him or her. (not sure the sex of said dog) I did pet the dog but I wasn't about to chase it around a bar and hardcore play with it.
The next day I decided to relax and run errands. Well joke was on me because when I got out to my car I noticed that my rear drivers side tire was super flat. Awesome. I've never had a flat tire and since I just became a real person a month ago I had to call my dad to figure out what the heck to do. He assured me I did not have enough muscles to change it myself. Damn. So then I had to call someone to come change it for me. After this task was completed I drove on my spare to Walmart's tire center and had that great place repair my tire and put it back on for me and put the spare back where it belonged. This whole process only cost $10. I love Walmart. However, being trapped in Walmart for almost an hour while your car is getting fixed is not fun. I wandered around pretend decorating and picking out things if I actually had the money to decorate.
Sunday I went back to Walmart because we are bff's. I had to do my grocery shopping and why did I not do this when I was there a day before? Well because I wasn't planning on being there Saturday and I had not made up my list yet of what I needed and didn't have any coupons with me. Random side note, on an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8, Kate gets mad at Jon for buying something without a coupon and freaks out saying they never buy anything without a coupon. I really just don't know how that is possible because there's not coupons for everything that I need. I'm sorry I'm not willing to forgo using soap and shampoo just because I have no coupon for it.
Also, while in line at the grocery store I think I met a meth head. I cannot be 100% sure but if he's not on meth he's on something. (I just say meth because apparently Montana has a meth problem.) He cut in front of the guy behind me and was then standing awkwardly next to me in line. He was shaking and moving around a lot and kept dropping what he was buying. I offered to let him go in front of me. He kept acting strange and told me and the cashier that he was now going to go see his son. At that moment I immediately felt so sad that there was some poor little boy out there that had this as his father. I also realized that I had no idea how you take meth. I was trying to look for track marks on his arms then I was like oh wait I think that is heroin. so do you take meth the same way or do you snort in or what do you do? And seriously whoever takes the time to make meth is super bored.

Check out this video to make your life better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLN0xUtkFnU

I'll explain it tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. The joys of a law enforcement job. You can take meth by injection, smoking, or snorting. Your choice on how to be an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did his teeth look? Meth mouth is hideous looking. Meth labs have been the scourge of rural areas for decades. I could have bought it in the hills of WV in the late 70s with no problem. In Grundy County, TN it is epidemic. The stories that come out of there are heartbreaking...parents using, not the teen children. Here in Lincoln County, there have been three labs shut down in about 14 months.

    I'm glad you're not too in the know about meth, but you will, in all likelihood be covering it in your Montana time...sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for educating me both about Meth. Maybe now I'll be able to cover it better for my job which I'm sure will happen. The state just released new anti meth commercials.

    ReplyDelete